Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Wow. Look at that mud! Here it squish when I walk!

Howdy everyone,



So you know that drought we've been in? I forgot what rain looked like and felt like. And now I've remembered I don't much care for it. Of course, I love the grass even though I can only kind of suck on it since I don't have many teeth. But I'm not sure it is worth it.



See, it started raining on Friday. And it rained. And rained. And rained. It rained Friday. It rained Saturday. It rained Sunday. It rained Monday. It has flooded my stall because the roof leaks. Now, to be fair to Jennifer she just bought this place and didn't know how badly the roof leaked. And she told me she is going to fix it. But that doesn't help RIGHT NOW. No, right now, I'm ankle-deep in mud.



Now, I have threatened to call animal control and report Jennifer for abuse. I mean, I'm standing in MUD for goodness sake! But she has pointed out that ALL the horses in this part of Texas are standing in mud unless they have barns to go into. Barns with non-leaking roofs. So I guess she's right. But still....



She has sent Spencer to the store to get some bags of sand. She's going to dump sand into my stall to try to help with the water. And she's fixed it up so I can move from my stall to the next stall and back again. They're both flooded, but at least I have some extra space.



The rain has also made my "rain rot" worse. Rain rot is a skin deal that often strikes horses who are skinny, old or otherwise compromised. Right now, I'm compromised in every sort of way! So this means that I have to get a bath every few days with shampoo to help get rid of the rain rot. Tonight is a bath night, too. ugh. Bleck. I don't like baths. Haven't I gotten wet enough lately?



Anyway, I think I'm going to go explore the other stall for a while. Jennifer will take the laptop away if it starts raining again. So if you don't hear from me, don't worry that I've drowned. Nope, it is just raining and Jennifer took the laptop away.



Wetly,




Tex from Bluebonnet

1 comment: