Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Jennifer's home...

Good afternoon!



Jennifer's home, and we have a load of work for her to do around here! It rained - yes, real rain! But that rain meant the stalls flooded. So the stall that Freckles and Zezz alternate in is a total disaster. And my stall is pretty nasty, too. And Judge is stuck in his stall because of an abscess and his stall is somewhat icky. Jennifer just grumbles and grabs a pitch fork. She'll be cleaning up this mess for days! But it is good for her. You know? It builds character!



So today I had the dreaded visit from the vet. I shouldn't have been so worried. It really wasn't that bad. He gave Jennifer a bit of a hard time because I have rain rot. I wish I could tell him that she's taking great care of me and explain that the Bluebonnet Family really does a great job at rehab. But he didn't listen to me.



He did look at my teeth. I wouldn't let Jennifer look at them. I worried if she knew how old I was that she would not want me anymore! But that sneaky vet had his ways and he got a look. So now they know... I don't have many teeth left. Jennifer said she guessed that since I couldn't eat hay. But now she knows for sure.



The vet told her I was 25 or older, too. We horses don't really keep track of our age and we don't celebrate birthdays, so I don't remember how old I am. But I'll take the vet's word for it.



Jennifer is worried because I'm not gaining any weight. So she asked the veterinarian to pull blood and check and make sure everything is working well internally. I don't know what they'll do if it isn't. And Jennifer isn't going to tell me - I can tell she's worried and a little sad about that. But we'll just see.



When we get my blood work and coggins back from the vet, Jennifer said I can start going out with some of the other horses who are calm. I'm looking forward to that!



So that's my news for today. Oh, some good news - one of Jennifer's former foster horses, Trigger, got adopted yesterday. She's excited about that and his new family love him. I sure hope I find my own person to love me.



Dreaming of a person of my own,




Tex from Bluebonnet

No comments:

Post a Comment