Thursday, August 13, 2009

Getting a Bath - and it feels GOOD!


Hi there again – today was a Big Day. Jennifer added something else to my meals – alfalfa! I know I told you I can’t eat hay, but this stuff is chopped up real fine and mixed in with my soupy stuff. And YUM! I can slurp it down and it doesn’t hurt my teeth!


And guess what? I’m starting to feed better. Jennifer was really excited today because she said I had “poop balls” instead of diarrhea. And you know what that woman did? She gave me a BATH! Wow. I haven’t had one of those since I was younger. She tied my at the wash rack and started hosing me off. I wasn’t sure if I was going to like it, but I tried to stand still. She then gently rubbed some soap into my dirty coat and covered my tail and back legs with it. You see, that nasty diarrhea had coated my back legs and it didn’t feel good. Jennifer told me she knew my skin was real sensitive since my bones were sticking out everywhere, so she gently rubbed with a brush until all the nastiness came off. And now I’m so clean!


You know what else? I’m starting to feel better. Getting three meals a day, plenty of fresh water, and other horsey friends is making me feel better. I know my old person did her best for me, but this is the place to be. I love being part of the Bluebonnet Family!


Hey! Do you what to join my family? You know, you can… just go to http://www.bluebonnetequine.org/help/joinbehs.htm and join the rescue! We can be part of the same big family helping horses!


Feeling a little more hopeful,


Tex from Bluebonnet

No comments:

Post a Comment