Sunday, August 30, 2009

I'm shorter!

Hey everyone.

Well, I am shorter today. Yep, you read that right. I'm shorter. By about an inch! A nice guy named Bobby came out. Apparently he's the farrier who helps Jennifer with the rescue horses' hooves or when she's having a problem with her own horses (she normally takes care of their feet herself). He trimmed Magic, Judge and Zezz and then he trimmed me.



I have to tell you, I wasn't too sure about him at first. I danced around a little after Jennifer tied me up, but he just quietly talked to me. He asked Jennifer what happened to me - I'm so skinny he couldn't believe his eyes. He rubbed off my shedding hair and seemed pretty upset by what he saw. But then he got to work. He took off over an inch of each of my hooves. Man, I feel so much better! I have a little thrush but Jennifer's going to treat that. It has been so long since I last had a pedicure. I forgot what it felt like!



It sure is nice to have people take care of you. Now I'm just waiting for the visit from the vet. Jennifer tells me that he and she are playing something called "phone tag" and that he'll be out to see me soon.



Tex from Bluebonnet

No comments:

Post a Comment