Monday, August 24, 2009

Grass. Glorious grass!

Hey everyone.


Have you missed me? I haven't been able to post for a few days because Jennifer was gone and took the computer with her. I told her she could leave it with me and I would just keep on posting. But she didn't listen. She said something about me ruining the keyboard by dribbling my soupy gruel across it. As if I would!


She had rescue stuff to do this past weekend. Apparently, the rescue isn't all about work. Sometimes they have some fun get-togethers where they eat and sit around and talk about all of us horses. Kind of nice that they devote an entire evening to talking about us, huh?


But she was back yesterday and had to get the stalls back in shape. And after she did that, do you know what she did? She put on my halter and lead and lead me around. She kept asking me to stop and back up. I don't know why - I KNOW how to do that. And I led really nicely last night - stopping whenever she stopped. But who can really understand how a human thinks? Not me! After the leading around, she wanted me to bend my neck to the left and the right. She called it "flexing". I didn't get the point at first, but then my neck crackled and popped and it felt a bit better. So I don't mind that "flexing" stuff too much.


But the next thing was the best. She let me have grass. Glorious, green, yummy, wonderful GRASS! I only got to eat for a few minutes because I'm not used to having grass. But I grabbed big mouthfuls an gobbled them down. I hope there's more grass tonight!


Dreaming grassy thoughts,



Tex from Bluebonnet

No comments:

Post a Comment