Saturday, August 15, 2009

I'm a STAR!


Did you see me on the Nightline show? Apparently it was a good one. Jennifer was still giggly and goofy when she came out to the barn this morning. She petted my cheek and told me I was a star. I wonder if I can get more meals a day if I’m a star? What kind of service does being a star entitle me to do you think?


Apparently the show talked about this horrible drought we are experiencing. And man, it is bad! It is over 100 degrees most days. I’m glad I’ve got a covered stall to hang out in and lots of clean water to drink. And the show talked about all the horses who are suffering. Apparently the Bluebonnet Family has grown by over 98 horses this year – and there’s still a lot of year left! Jennifer is really scared they won’t be able to help all the horses who need it, and she told the people on TV that.


She said she’s gotten emails and phone calls from people who want to help. Apparently a bunch of people want to foster or adopt me. I’m flattered – but I know I’m still too weak to go on a long trailer ride. But if you are one of those people, please still help out! Jennifer tells me that BEHS has several neglect cases that might turn into seizures, so they’re going to need foster homes. You can get an application to foster a horse who is probably just as skinny and needy and grateful as me at http://www.bluebonnetequine.org/help/foster.htm


There are also nearly 60 horses at Bluebonnet who need forever homes. That’s a lot of horses! Many of them were skinny like me but are now gorgeous. Look at http://www.bluebonnetequine.org/horses/available.htm and see if you wouldn’t like to give one of them a home.


For right now, I’m going to hang out with my new friends and my three meals a day. Unless I can convince Jennifer to give me four meals a day. Do you think I can?


Dreaming about four meals a day,


Tex from Bluebonnet

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, Tex! You're doing great and we're all so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete