Friday, August 7, 2009

Telling my story


Hey, it is Tex again. This new place isn’t so bad. I’ve gotten two meals already – they’re small meals, but it is more than I’ve had to eat in a while. And I have a stall of my own and no one is trying to steal my food. Wow!


So, I ought to give you a little background about myself. Like I said, my name used to be Cisco and I’m an older guy. When I was young, man was I a looker! I’m a chestnut paint and I’m flashy! When I was clean, my white sparkled and my chestnut hair shone like a penny. And I was no little guy, either. I was a big, stout horse. When I was young, I was well-trained too and spent my life well-cared for.


I don’t know exactly what happened, but at some point my people sold me to other people. And those people sold me again, and I ended up with people who didn’t like to ride me or take care of me. They didn’t feed me enough and I started loosing weight. I was looking kind of puny when a woman named Liesa showed up. She gave the people $300 and loaded me into a trailer and took me home.


At first, things were pretty good there. There was a lot of grass and I even got some grain to eat. I started gaining weight. Then one day Liesa came out and told me she lost her job and we were running out of grain. But she said I could eat all the grass I wanted, so I wasn’t too worried.


Then the grass started dying. And there wasn’t much to eat. And I started losing weight and getting weaker. I really thought I was going to lay down and die soon and then the new person showed up.


Speaking of her, here she is with a bucket with FOOD in it! Talk to you later – I gotta eat!


Hungrily,


Tex from Bluebonnet

No comments:

Post a Comment